Thread: ETCR - Expedition to Castle Ravenloft in DD3

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Basement Level 2

This was my favorite to map out! I didn't think it would be, since I enjoyed the first three levels so much, especially level 3, but it turned out being a blast to map out. I think part of it was that I was getting used to the program, finally, and could figure out how to pull off effects as they came. I am not an artist so I had to really figure out how to pull off the 'underwater effect' in the one corner of the dungeon. I was able to figure it out fairly quickly and it came out looking just how I wanted it. It was a bit tricky, but doable. Lots of atmosphere to pull off here.

One of the reasons that I did this whole project was that I really enjoyed the 'feel' of the 3.5 edition maps, even though they weren't isometric. I really liked the default blue color that they tiled it with and I wanted to do some of the sepia maps (that they had for the castle rooms) with that same color. However, as I got going I kept finding better tiles to work with (thank you Shessar!) that gave the castle a better appearance. When I got to this section, I decided to keep the blue for that 'otherworldly' chill effect and see if it worked. I think that it did. I split the file up to upload it here. This is the basement side as opposed to the crypt side.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Shindig; 03-26-2011 at 12:30 PM.