Again, welcome Warplock! Being an unmarried cartography nerd with no children means 'I have no life', but then it also means I have plenty of time to dither with various hobby projects. I too created many maps throughout my life, most gone the way of the dodo, but lessons learned stuck with me. I also spent a solid decade playing with 3D software, that taught me lots about shading, shadow, highlights, directional light sources, ambient light which I use in my hand-drawn and non-3D graphics apps to get the look I need. I've been a large format map POD shop for four years, a professional fantasy cartographer for 3 years, and though I've been dabbling for over a year, I am still a beginner RPG publisher/game developer working on my publications (currently working with Rite Publishing as partners).

Some members recruit their children, even their wives into cartography exploration! I'm sure if you spend any design time at the Guild, you should get more greatly addicted and expand your cartography endeavors.

I know you're not brand new, based on your signup date, but based on post-count, a lurker is still a newbie to me - glad to see you here.

GP