Quote Originally Posted by Eilathen View Post
Wow, i really dig that map. Very well done, have some rep.!
Is there more of this world? With maps and history? If yes, i'd really like to see and read it
Yes. This is a world I have been creating for the last 15 years and I finally have the skills to bring the map part of it to life which will make writing the several novels I have planned (and hopefully will get published one day) out much easier. If you know where you are going it's so much easier to get there.

There are 7 kingdoms in all
====================
Ralenstara - This map will probably take my entire life because the kingdom is the size of Africa and I want to keep the scales between all my maps the same so it will be huge, well over 6000px.
Morthul - Can't wait to work on this one. This is where all the bad folks live.
Valentor - This one will be fun to do because it will be my first attempt at doing tundra like terrain.
Korian - This dead kingdom will be a challenge because of the damage done to it.
Lazarus - Completed!
Angust - This map!
Japhong - My next project. The island kingdom of Japhong is where all my Asian like cultures live.

Here is the ENTIRE planet done roughly in Fractal Terrain 3. I wanted to build the maps using this software and the amazing tutorials I found on here but ultimately I just couldn't get the land to look how I wanted. I am too much of a control freak. Fractal Terrain 3 is great for random world generation but in my opinion, if you have a fixed setting that you already know what you want to look like it is more hassle to use than help. Maybe I just don't know what I am doing but ultimately, since I know how to use Photoshop on an expert level I choose to go that route. Fractal Terrains was EXTREMELY useful though in getting the size of my world correct and all the kingdoms.

World-Map.JPG