Thread: Thinking Big - Torq's landgrab - choose a territory

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm sure they can, but it looks very hilly/mountainous and its far Northern position means pretty damn cold too I think, why?

Torq
    The internet! It\'ll never catch on.

Software Used: Terranoise, Wilbur, Terragen, The Gimp, Inkscape, Mojoworld

Quote Originally Posted by Torq View Post
    I'm sure they can, but it looks very hilly/mountainous and its far Northern position means pretty damn cold too I think, why?

Torq
    empty map=easy map

-Rob A>

Post Consider orc and ogres

I was looking a 26 myself, only in relation to Qashya Mal. I was thinking something like orcs and ogres, influenced by mongol technology, but not mounted, unless there are mastadons in that region... lots of orc or ogre villages and such, no large communities - my thoughts anyway.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter View Post
    I was looking a 26 myself, only in relation to Qashya Mal. I was thinking something like orcs and ogres, influenced by mongol technology, but not mounted, unless there are mastadons in that region... lots of orc or ogre villages and such, no large communities - my thoughts anyway.
    Feel free to take it. Sounds like a great idea.

Looking at 26, if I read the colours aright, there is an isolated lowland surrounded by mountains in the northern third of the territory which would make an excellent place for a lost civilisation. Whether it survives or is in ruins would of course be an intriguing question...

I saw a post earlier, though I can't find it now, asking the approximate size of the area being mapped and distances. If, as the post said, this planet is about Earth sized I have A LINK an image that may help,,,hopefully, as I have never posted an image here before.
    The image was georeferenced in Global Mapper and the Latitude Longitude grid, distance and area measurements generated in GM as well.
    SeerBlue
    Last edited by SeerBlue; 05-01-2008 at 12:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SeerBlue View Post
    I saw a post earlier, though I can't find it now, asking the approximate size of the area being mapped and distances. If, as the post said, this planet is about Earth sized I have A LINK an image that may help,,,hopefully, as I have never posted an image here before.
    The image was georeferenced in Global Mapper and the Latitude Longitude grid, distance and area measurements generated in GM as well.
    SeerBlue
    There was this post:

http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...0&postcount=92

And this post:

http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...2&postcount=93
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave