the intent was to keep it on top of the main window. the hf dialog creates its own entry on the taskbar, so it's not providing the conventional functionality i'd intended. i'll fish some more.

! well i'll be (i'll never run out of ways to feign surprise when presented with more information about how this sdk is intended to function..) i had presumed the string "DialogClass" registered it as such, in the same manner as "button", but you're right! it can indeed be modified. doing so on the water class resulted in the dialog disappearing.. so that's something else i can fix, but some other night)32wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww wwwwwwww32

(kitten)

yes on CreateWindow for each control. it's been fun using a minimal compiler (while simultaneously being a stubborn 'purist'). the internet is starting to have the referential mass required to actually support it. only took a decade

once again you have taken time to provide assistance i would not have been likely to receive otherwise. anytime you want those vst licenses... :p thank you!