Thread: [Commission Piece] Map of an Island

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Sorry! xD I'm clearly new here.

I saw the link - thanks - but that still does not explain why it would be on a piece of paper washed up on our shore.

1266811_10151712613036633_1975138703_o.jpg

What could this mean?

This doesn't make sense: first, if you found a map in a bottle and took a picture of it, why is there a copyright embedded in your photograph? And second, google image search is not clever enough to relate this map to the one in the thread - at least, not from this photo. It works by looking for visually similar images, which in the case of the photo you uploaded returns hits in the first page to photos of a TV with static on the screen, a cat litter tray, a lace doily on a table, a zen garden... but no maps of Pondia. Third, the first thing I would expect someone to do in the situation described is to phone or email the person whose contact information is on the sheet--and, if no answers were forthcoming I would expect someome to include this information in the post.

So I would cautiously say, with no intent to offend if I'm incorrect, that your post appears to be misleading!

Kind regards --Monty