View Poll Results: What is your favorite genre?/ What is your favorite level of magic?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Genre: High fantasy/heroic fantasy

3 25.00%
  • Genre: Mid fantasy

8 66.67%
  • Genre: Low fantasy

3 25.00%
  • Genre: Science fantasy

4 33.33%
  • Genre: Steampunk

1 8.33%
  • Genre: Science fiction

2 16.67%
  • Genre: Post apocalyptic

2 16.67%
  • Magic: High magic

4 33.33%
  • Magic: Mid magic

9 75.00%
  • Magic: Low magic

4 33.33%
  • Magic: No magic

1 8.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: CWBP 2 : Determining the genre and era

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I like the idea of a binary star system and that Idea first came to me when reading A song of fire and ice by Georges R.R. Matrin where the explanation remains a mystery. A binary star system could do something similar.

The movement of the planet would be similar to Earth's but seasons would not always be the same because of the second star. Some summers would be hotter than other and some winters colder but everything remains relatively predictable. It depends on how the two stars are aligned. When the 2 stars and the planet are in line, it means that a new cycle begins and ideally it would last for a couple of years.

I'm just not sure how to make this idea interesting and plausible. I also fear it might look too sci-fi.

And about using Greek fire and primitive flamethrower, it's always dangerous. Even if it was powerful, I don't think it was much used, but I don't know why. It gives an advantage to those that have it but just like magic, its not that common.
    Last edited by Azélor; 12-17-2013 at 06:58 PM.