Thread: Kelthas, Coastal Desert City

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Adept Guild Sponsor

I know this sub-forum is for finished maps, and when I started this thread I really thought it WAS finished. "Surely there's no way the party can avoid reaching Kelthas this session," I thought. But they managed.

So here is a revision to address the unpleasant interference-lines of the roof textures.

Kelthas-Rev-2.jpg

Originally I was using a pattern overlay of two roof textures from cgtextures.com -- one slate roof, and one ceramic tile roof. In order to match the scale of the map, they had to be sized waaaaay down, leading to those jarring lines in the textures.

In this revision, I removed the pattern overlay. Instead, I flood-filled each of the two roof layers with an appropriate color (#C36C3E for the tile roofs, #605D57 for the slate roofs). The basic square-ish shapes of the house exist on the layer mask. They get their peaks from a bevel layer style (soft chisel, iirc). And to make them a little less monochromatic, I used the Add Noise filter on both layers to add 4% gaussian noise, monochromatic.

And now I am really and truly done with it, because there are OTHER maps that need making.

EDIT: Oh, and thanks for the compliment, Jalyha. I used Sarenrae's holy symbol because genuine medieval churches were designed to resemble crosses. It makes sense to extend that design choice to the imaginary religions of gaming.
    Last edited by wdmartin; 02-04-2014 at 07:18 PM. Reason: spelling correction