Thread: Fantasy World Map

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

That's looking pretty good! If it were me, I think I'd leave the settlement density where you've got it, but add in things like roads, important sites (mountain peaks, shrines, fortresses, ruins, etc) to help fill things out. That way you get a lot of world-detail/depth, and you don't have to go into quite so much naming detail.

As far as the labels themselves, I can't say I'm a huge fan of the way you've got them overlapping the coasts. In some places you clearly have to, like with Porto Saxeo, but with others, like Paculeto, why not just move them up or down a few pixels?

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    That's looking pretty good! If it were me, I think I'd leave the settlement density where you've got it, but add in things like roads, important sites (mountain peaks, shrines, fortresses, ruins, etc) to help fill things out. That way you get a lot of world-detail/depth, and you don't have to go into quite so much naming detail.
    Thanks, I'll carry on as is then

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    As far as the labels themselves, I can't say I'm a huge fan of the way you've got them overlapping the coasts. In some places you clearly have to, like with Porto Saxeo, but with others, like Paculeto, why not just move them up or down a few pixels?
    Good point. At the moment I just have them all centred on the meridian of the location without thinking about anything underneath. I'll definitely go back and fix that as much as possible