@Triskelli: Thanks for the link to the craton article. Fascinating stuff! I'm not yet sure I will delve very deep into it for the map, though. I would like to make some headway and if I linger too long in the tectonic phase, I'm afraid it will become rather tedious.

@Pixie: Thanks a lot for your explanations. I see what you mean about Ghatia plate, and I can follow your explanation on Daia plate up to a point (but that's not a problem, I'll try to read up on it). I will probably change something, but I haven't decided yet how I will make it work (well, at least try to).

In the meantime I started creating island arcs along the subduction zones. The first one is the longest one, starting at Yirral plate and going all the way to the top of Onuskia plate. As the planet Rautah has more or less the same size as Earth, this is one huge arc - I haven't measured it yet, but I suspect it to be over 5 times the length of the Indonesian islands. It does look a bit weird on the map, I'll admit that. I'll post an updated map when the outlines of these island arcs are ready.

Cheers - Akubra