Thread: [CWBP2] World Map construction thread

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm not found of blocking plots. If someone in the middle decide to lock the surroundings the project will slow down a lot.

Also, while it is ok not to finish a map, it should be considered unfinished. It is not something I would recommend to do because it make things more complicated. The resulting map will have an odd shape so the mapper will either have to export the map in PNG or provide the original files so that the other mappers can finish the work. I'm not against this but it should only be used as a last resort, if the mappers for some reason can't finish the map. If he run out of ideas, the Guild can provide help.

Changing the plot shape is something that could become hard to manage. Squares are so much simpler. But how big should they be? Ansium used 600x600 miles plots. That's almost 1000 km by 1000 km. At the equator, it's almost 1 000 000 km2 but less as you move poleward...

Quote Originally Posted by NeonKnight View Post
    They aren't 'quite' 600x600. Remeber, because of the 'flattening' of a sphere, the north/south distance is the same but the 'top' of the image 1350 miles east west, bottom is 2616 miles east west, so the top's total east/west is almost 50% of the same distance as on the bottom.
    We might as well start with a small islands/continent to serve as a test for this. To see what is the best way to proceed. Plot do not have to be as big as the normal ones for this case.
    Last edited by Azélor; 08-12-2014 at 01:12 PM.