Thread: [CWBP2] World Map construction thread

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I was also thinking about 500x500 km. it's about the size of a relatively large kingdom.
    I'm not sure about your proposal for land division yet. Maps at high latitudes will represent a large amount of work.

On another note, I worked a bit on oceanic currents. By using bigger lines, I get a better idea of how water would flow. Because water movement is something massive and not just one little stream out of nowhere.
    So far, no important changes but:

- the current above and under the equatorial counter current are too close. On Earth, they are more spread out. The also generate turbulence...
    - the counter current also enters the strait between the two continents but doing so generate turbulence not of him.
    - the middle ocean is probably the largest if we take the distortion of the projection in account. It has a lot of water and 2 strong current that are close. I expect that this will generate huge turbulence north of the broken archipelago in the center.
    these two current are now closer
    - And also, the water flow has changed in the strait between the northern and central continents. It's not east-weest because the flow of water form the central ocean is more important. It just seems more logical.
    - the same turbulences occur in the far west and is also very strong in the far east.
    - the current running east-west in the south: I'm not sure if it's supposed to be there.

Outside of that, I see no major change. Of course I added a lot of arrow but most don't have any real impact. The number of arrow is kinda useful to see where the current is weaker. Outside the main current I expect to see smaller current swirling here and there so getting to these islands far from the main current should be difficult.
    Last edited by Azélor; 08-13-2014 at 10:54 AM.