The second star increases the temperature by 9 Kelvins according to BlackChakram.

I'm not sure if the number is right but I that 's what the formula said and he know more than me on that topic. This could be mitigated by several things including that our planet contain more water, reflect more energy into space (larger ice sheets), the main star is smaller than the Sun...
The second star is so far compared to the main star that the influence is always 9 Kelvins unless it is aligned behind the main star. Then, we might have a solar eclipse but it does not last for very long.

Yes the size on the continent in the south west explain why it is the driest. But some of the regions there are also some of the wettest on the planet. It's a land of contrast. And having low precipitations does not always mean it's a desert... And desert can also span elsewhere. Close to the equator, the annual rain requirement is much higher. The hottest spots could need around 1000mm of rain to stay at least humid. A good thing that we don't have much of these.

If you are talking about the other continents, particularly the one in the North east , then the answer is no; the size is not the major factor. Mountains and the differences in pressure are the most important factors.