Definition loosely based on the Wikipedia page:

A campaign setting is a fictional world which serves as a setting for adventures to take place in role-playing game, or for story telling.
Usually a campaign setting is designed for a specific game or a specific genre of game (such as Medieval fantasy, or outer space/science fiction adventure).
Examples of campaign setting: List of campaign settings - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

We could make it mandatory to agree to a possible future campaign setting publication for every piece of art submitted. Everything submitted is subject to be part of it. I don't know if this will happen, it's hard to judge what I need to add on this. Royalties could go partially to the Guild and the rest, divided among contributors. According to their contribution or equally distributed? What about old members that are off the radar ? they also deserve some of it. It could be made their responsibility to at least keep some contact with the project.

One problem I see with the actual license we have now is that anyone can publish stuff under the NC license, and they don't even require permission do do so. They could publish the whole setting.
Maybe it should be made impossible to redistribute more than x of the project or make redistribution rights the privilege of the contributers? I mean, if they want to share their derivative works, they can but need the approval of the original author.
If they want to share it without asking the consent of the author they can simply join the project.
What about the privilege of the contributers? could they publish a work on which they don't have the rights even if it's NC without asking?