Thread: Maps for Hoard of the Dragon Queen

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Currently working on another of the missions called "Sanctuary", where the party heads to the church on the east end of town to rescue some villagers trapped there.

Here's what it looks like on the Greenest map (not much to go on):

hotdqTemple.JPG

Here's what I got so far. I plan on having a burning wagon or something outside the church to the northeast to account for the orange light coming through the windows. Not sure how this'll work out. We'll see I guess:

hotdqTemple1.JPG

Guild Journeyer

Hey these maps look great - keep em coming! I just finished running both my groups through these encounters and wish i would have caught these before!

Critiques:
    The Keep - I would add an artistic license and add a partial "gatehouse" to the keep with the sally port shown, that way you could use the same map for that encounter as well. and maybe a stair or ladder for players to climb up during the dragon encounter. In order to make the encounter more fun i added a beat up ballista and catapult that intrepid adventurers could repair to have a better chance of driving the dragon off.

The church - most of the encounter seems to fall outside of the church so i'd expand the canvas and add some outside terrain.

all in all, great work!
    Check out my work in high-res on Deviant Art - HERE!