Here's an update.. It's not done by any means, but ... progress!

castle-venatris-small.jpg

Changes:

- Added more pathways in the courtyard.

- Added some definition to the edge of those pathways with some white/black brushing. Not entirely sure about this -- I like the effect, but it may be too pronounced. Perhaps I should turn the opacity down a notch?

- Decided it was silly to have tiled stone floors inside the east gatehouse, and made it dirt. Ditto for the west gatehouse.

- Added glass to all the windows.

- Took out the spiral stair overlay in the north gate. Still not sure what to do about this -- I may need to make my own asset, or go with a ladder.

- Spent some more time working on the shadows of the towers. They're still not perfect, but I think I've at least smoothed out the interference at the edges.

- Added door openings in places that previously lacked them, e.g. the bailey, the northeast tower, and the den.

- Added a little more in the way of furnishings. I'm trying to add just enough to suggest the purpose of the room without going overboard. The kitchen does need clutter on the tables, though.

- Cleaned up some ashes that had accidentally gotten on the floor, and added light from fires. Still no actual firewood or fires, though.

- Made a city for the castle to loom over:

city-of-venatris.jpg

This came out tolerably decent, though I now notice that a few of the buildings in the richer district overlap the road a good bit. Err ... maybe they have ornate balconies? Anyway, the castle on the city map is actually the castle itself, with most of the interior assets and underlying grass turned off, merged, and shrunk to a tiny portion of its former size.

Todo:

• Vegetation!
  • More furniture!
  • Windows still need light
  • Fire to supply that light!
  • Doors!
  • The spiral stairs in the north gate!

Got to get this knocked out ... my player reached Venatris today. Barring unforeseen circumstances, I'll need this castle on our next session.