Thread: Thinking Big - Torq's landgrab - choose a territory

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Is this the entire world? If so, I am sad that there are no pieces left.

This is just one bit of the world and more of it will open up when this one has been mapped. You can map localities, towns or cities within already mapped regions, so please feel free to make a map!

Alternatively, you could also politely step up to one of the members who has not presented anything so far and ask whether it'd be okay with him if you took over that tile.

At this time, I'd actually say chances are good enough to warrant a try. Just remember that... what's the proverb... the tact dictates the rhythm, or something like that.
    Two in harmony surpass one in perfection

Absolutely. I was thinking about whether we should approach members who had not posted for a long time to see whether they would be happy to put their regions up for adoption, but was going to wait until Torq got back from his holidays.

Blog Entries

I reckon that everyone should take a kind of lease out on a tile for about 3 months and if you don't map something in that time then it goes back for recycling. You could re-request it again but at least there would be a kind of sunset clause to it so that for people who drop off the edge of the universe we don't have to chase them for it.

Really, I think that for the sections that are unmapped and have no WIP thread running, they gotta be considered open. It does not matter if you get two maps of one place anyway. Ok thats not ideal but its not the end of the world.

Although it would be nice to see Ansium finished I would hope that the inner parts of the tiles would be flushed out a lot more rather than go to a new region and start again.

We ought to have a world name poll too just to clear that loose end away too. Then start a thread titled [World1] with links to the whole map + links to Ansium. That would be cool.

Indeed it would. I'm a little hesitant about imposing sunset clauses without Torq's (and the rest of CLs' input) as this is really Torq's baby. I'll open up a thread for discussion with the CLs about this though so we can come up with a unified response.

Cheers Redrobes

Hey man. I still haven't boarded the plane. To my mind if its got to do with the CWBP and both Ravs and Redrobes think its a good idea, then its a good idea. You both have histories with this project that speak for themselves. I concur with whatever you agree on as to when you forfeit your claim to do doing a map.

Torq
    The internet! It\'ll never catch on.

Software Used: Terranoise, Wilbur, Terragen, The Gimp, Inkscape, Mojoworld