Thread: Oct/Nov 2014 Lite Challenge: Tent of Luxury

Wip Oct/Nov 2014 Lite Challenge: Tent of Luxury

In hopes of spurring a little more interest in this challenge, and to not leave Chick competing all by herself I am posting this entry.

I will be making the classic D&D treasure, home away from home, the Tent of Luxury. I have the base outline done and much of the stables, I will post a WIP when I have a little more to show.

For those of you not familiar with it, here is the description direct from the Encyclopedia Magica:
    Tent of Luxury.JPG
    Last edited by Bogie; 11-04-2014 at 08:29 AM.

Err, Bogie, you might want to change the title of your thread. It's not 2012 any more.

Looking forward to seeing you're approach to this one.

THW

Formerly TheHoarseWhisperer

Quote Originally Posted by TheHoarseWhisperer View Post
    Err, Bogie, you might want to change the title of your thread. It's not 2012 any more.

Looking forward to seeing you're approach to this one.

THW
    That's me, Living in the Past! Thanks for the save THW! I also need my butt kicked to get more done on this.

Yeah man, I want to see something!
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

So I finally put some more time into this tonight and got the bulk of it done. Still some fine tweaking to do.
    Who ever wrote this in the first place didn't really visualize it well. At 120 x 120 ft it is the size of a high school Gymnasium and could easily accommodate triple the numbers of people and horses given. Set with 10 stalls and 10 beds, it leaves me with way to much unused space. The description says nothing can be removed from inside, but it doesn't say what happens to objects such as furniture that get left inside when it is closed. DM's ruling I guess. Possibly you could go all out furnishing it and stocking it with tons of supplies. That would be potentially unbalancing as it would hold more than 500 portable holes. The DM might rule that anything left behind vanishes into the Ethereal Plane or that what ever is left behind is still there, but now falls under the rule that it cannot ever be removed from the tent. I kind of favor that rule.
    Any way here is my first WIP:
    ### Latest WIP ###
    Tent of Luxury.jpg

With all that space, maybe the Tent of Luxury can double as a nightclub. Bring in some extra moolah, y'know

Looks good, Bogie.

THW

Formerly TheHoarseWhisperer

Working under the assumption that what ever you leave in the tent stays in the tent, Our ambitious party has decked it out with everything they need.
    In addition to the Stables, beds, water and food supply described, they have outfitted it with a study area for the mage including a scroll table. A map and planning area. A healer's station. A chapel for the cleric to preach in. A living room. A storage area for supplies they can use in the tent. A bathing area, and of course a Bar.

### Latest WIP ###
    Tent of Luxury_bg.jpg