Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: October/November 2014 Challenge: The Mountain City of Kashir

Thanks a lot! Can't say more then that I agree with you Lingon and Larb, the mountains look like some kind of strange cartoonish ice-structure. I will try to work it out digitally when the whole is done.

Cheers,
    Tainotim

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Larb View Post
    I have to agree - the mountainside now looks like it is faceted like a gem. The rest of it looks great though.
    My thoughts exactly.

Okay, here we go. Me and my mountain couldn't work out our differences; due to the lack of time and of course the fact that traditional pen and ink mapping is somewhat unforgiving. Hopefully it doesn't bring down the map completely.

Here we have what might be the final version. What do you guys think? Does the very light texture blend work? Or should I perhaps go with something heavier/darker? I'm very indecisive about this. Domino44, are you happy with the result?

Regrettably I don't have time to color it as of now, but perhaps beyond this challenge.

Cheers,
    Tainotim

### Latest WIP ###.
    city of kashri fin3.jpg

This looks nice but to be honest, those gem looking mountains kills the overall work a bit You still have 3 days to work on them

I am very happy with this map! It has been so much fun to be your partner these last two months!

Well, sadly, I can't say more then that I agree. The past days my dreams have been haunted by ruby mountains.

Domino44 suggested that I fade the mountain line slightly; this is the result. It's not a solution, but I think it's a step in the right direction. You don't happen to have a suggestion up your sleeve how to handle this Max?

Cheers,
    Tainotim

### Latest WIP ###
    city of kashri fin.jpg
    Last edited by tainotim; 11-18-2014 at 10:35 AM.

You could take a second sheet of paper and, laid over the first, draw in new mountain lines. Then in photoshop, erase the faceted ones from the original, and scan and import the new ones. That way you'll still have hand drawn mountains. You'll have just done layers IRL. =P

What Larb said
    Last edited by - Max -; 11-19-2014 at 01:58 AM.

If it was digital you could use a mask but unless you can scan it into PS...

Also I don't know that the gem lines are all bad. If everyone does the same thing all the time everyone will end up with the same thing until we are all sick of it.

Let me see... I seem to recall a right nice set of maps someone once did kinda like... ah yes, here it is. It pays to be an old timer when the search engine doesn't work

Yours reminded me of these.

http://www.cartographersguild.com/at...chmentid=54968
    Last edited by Jaxilon; 11-19-2014 at 12:42 AM.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Quote Originally Posted by Larb View Post
    You could take a second sheet of paper and, laid over the first, draw in new mountain lines. Then in photoshop, erase the faceted ones from the original, and scan and import the new ones. That way you'll still have hand drawn mountains. You'll have just done layers IRL. =P
    What Larb said

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123