Thread: Mystos: The Role Playing Game

Map Mystos: The Role Playing Game

As a bit of a noobish artist, I have only posted a few maps on here, always using Microsoft Paint (Gahh!) for the majority of the work, then switching over to GIMP for the finishing details/textures. This one is one of my better efforts, and it is for an in-development project from Blackstone Entertainment, Inc called Mystos: The Roleplaying Game.

This map is of the realms of Mystos, set about 30 years after the end of the War of the Titans, which pitted the long-enslaved race of Men against the demigod-like Immortals who ruled Mystos for thousands of years. Many of the major cities are still partly in ruins, and the newly-freed race of Men have carved up the lands into a number of feuding kingdoms and city-states. The Tetrarchy, an alliance of cities forged by the original leaders of the rebellion against The Immortals still stands united against the threat of mankind's former masters, whose minions yet lurk in nearly every corner of the land. The relative prosperity and peace enjoyed by the citizens of the Tetrarchy has attracted the roaming eyes of the warlords and petty kingdoms surrounding the allied cities.

This is a good deal smaller than the original map, so if you'd like to see the original, just keep an eye out on RPGNow and DriveThruRPG for its debut!

Mystos - Cartographer's Guild Copy.png
    Attribution: mountain brushes by Mawstock, settlement icons by StarRaven
    Last edited by blkstone1; 03-01-2015 at 06:12 PM.

Really nice! I would put the label (mystos) and the logo at a better place, or make it so it doesn't cross the coastline. And eventually try to make the small city icons a little bit more visible. And I also think I would remove the texture from the text.
    "That sounds... incredibly complicated, but there's no doubt the result is fantastic." /Diamond

Thanks Obbehobbe for your suggestions, they are much appreciated. The Kickstarter for Mystos goes live in mid-February, and we hope to be able to find far better cartographers than myself for the following editions of the published product, if funding goes well.

There are so many talented cartographers I've been following on here over the last few years (Max, Torstan, Arsheesh, Sapiento, the amazing Ramah, The Red Epic, and you as well Obbehobbe - far too many to list in one post) and I would love to commission one or more of you/them in the future to help bring Mystos and its various Quest Modules to life.

This is a beautiful map! I love the contrast between land and sea - very well done! I can't believe you managed any of this on MS Paint!

Good luck on your Kickstarter - looks like a really fun game!!!

Thanks Karamane! We're about 2/3rds funded already, and we have over 3 weeks left to go!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...e-playing-game