Thread: WIP - Space Archaeology Mission Map

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Damn, i'm sorry you guys, i knew it wasn't a good idea to upload in a hurry... no wonder the regional map pleases you the most...i uploaded the wrong version with this wonderful shaded relief map (only coloured by me) from an anonymous person, maybe somewhere in Virginia I only used it as a placeholder and an inspiration for my own (not yet finished) attempts to make a regional map and forgot to take it out before uploading
    I focussed more on the other elements recently, like the depiction of the "Boas System", heavily inspired by Jim Burrows StarGen SVG Graphic File Output , and the revamping of the layout and border.

The next steps are the following:

- Replacing the black placeholder circles with various "proper" planets and after that, i'll finally write the "review" on Ilanthars Planet Tutorial as i promised

- I try to fit in detailed info about the different planets (and maybe the star itself), and add a legend

- Doing something with the border!?!

- Adding some light effects to some stars on the starfield-map

- Adding some sandstorms on the planet-map

- placing a logbook text from Prof. Bohrenheimer on the left side of the map for some background info on the mission

- last but not least the regional map with maybe two "zoomed-in-map-in-map" maps (don't know the right term) depicting the base camp and (one of) the dig site(s). This is the most artistically challenging part, so i decided to make it in the end. For the camp i was thinking about something like these nice hexagonal building-block containers.

Well that's it for now. I promise to take a second look on the map the next time i upload something... or preemptively quoting properly all the stuff that i didn't created myself

Cheers,
    AL

Edit: totally forgot to say a proper "thank you" to arsheesh and Ilanthar...glad you like the colours and the layout!!!
    Last edited by Abu Lafia; 04-29-2015 at 07:33 PM.