Thread: December 2015 Annual Challenge: City of Argot

Default December 2015 Annual Challenge: City of Argot

Time to commit to this I think. Argot is a long term project of mine and eventually I need to draw the city.

No images just yet but I have some initial idea sketches I will post soon. I intend to draw the city in an isometric or perspective view rather than a plan view. It's not super huge or anything but it will have a lot of story detail to it. Several things I have done recently relate to Argot so it is sort of the centre of all of that.

For background purposes: Argot is an abandoned city that was struck by a plague and earthquake. The city was wealthy and prosperous, famed for it's wine and jewelry - mostly the wine. Much of the ruling family were absent when tragedy struck and while they survive and still hold title, they are much poorer and diminished now. Scavengers and "adventurers" operating out of Carremvek attempt to loot the ruins. Most don't return.

Architecturally most buildings are sandstone and roofed with terracotta tile. Mainly square forms. There is one large church in the city as well as a citadel. It is also walled.
    My new Deviant-thing. I finally caved.

Ooh, very much look forward to this!

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh