Thread: Militia Headquarters - fantasy map commission

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Professional Artist SteffenBrand's Avatar

I like it, -Max- really summed up all the feels and details I usually go for. =) If I'd have a problem of people testing this kind of style to see what works for them and learn something from it, I'd hardly share my process in the thread. I saw a lot of people trying to do this the way I do (and I'm still stunned about this, the gesture was so fulfilling) and seeing -Max- do this as a one-shot (as he said, we mutually admire each others work) isn't a problem. =)

Especially when it's something unique like this specific style.
    Kind of a shoutout here, thanks tainotim! =)

I'd rep you, but every time I want to - nope, can't
    Visit me on ArtStation.

Banned User

I think it's really great that someone can try out a style that another has posted, especially for a commission map, and not be accused of plagiarism by something like "the bottom right corner of your map" looks like "too much inspiration" by one of mine.

I find an amazing amount of inspiration here on CG and I have learned a huge amount by looking at how others do things and then trying them out. It's amazing how most people are perfectly comfortable and even encouraging about that!

Thanks, SteffenBrand!! I love your attitude and you get the rep for this one!

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chick View Post
    I think it's really great that someone can try out a style that another has posted, especially for a commission map, and not be accused of plagiarism by something like "the bottom right corner of your map" looks like "too much inspiration" by one of mine.
    I totally agree with you. Trying out a style that someone posted when he friendly gave you the permission to do so is indeed very different than plagiarism.
    Last edited by - Max -; 05-13-2015 at 10:27 AM.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by - Max - View Post
    I totally agree with you. Trying out a style that someone posted when he friendly gave you the permission to do so is indeed very different than plagiarism.
    Quoted for truth. Especially since this particular map doesn't have the same layout as any Brand map I've seen and only draws inspiration from the style. It doesn't have, say, mountains and islands in almost identical positions.