Thread: List of Mapping Software

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Well, the CC suite of programs are (simplifying here) symbol based with a CAD pedigree waaay back. The style of the symbols used will give you a certain feel to the map. There are a lot of styles available, but I can't tell you if they are available by themselves or bundled with some other styles, or bundled with other stuff. Some people have had problems with the learning curve, while others didn't. It all depends on how your mind works I guess.

If you want to know what can be done with the CC suite, do a search for CC on this site and you should get a very good idea of its capacity.

**EDIT** If you are more of a procedural type of mindset, Gimp is free, and can be considered to be equal in capacity (weaker in some areas, stronger in others) to Photoshop. There are plenty of tutorials here at the Guild for both Gimp and Photoshop. They both have a learning curve that can be intimidating however.
    Last edited by Korash; 05-27-2015 at 08:44 PM.
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent