Thread: WIP: unnamed Earh-like planet

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Glad to hear I'm not the only Paradox nerd around here!

Glad to hear from you again mate.

What you say it's true. For the terrain I'm basically going regional. But to work it actually helps me to see the whole world to have a general perspective and make sure all fits, so I'm conflicted about it.

What I will do is just post a cut out of the continent in work here when I need to, after all, you all don't really need to zoom in much into the continent or the terrain style doesn't look good, it needs a certain distance to be effective.

I'm doing some more work on it at the moment but boy, I'm not good at visual stuff, the result looks so silly to me. I don't know what to do.

I EDITED the terrain work in progress in my previous post. As you can see I have no idea of how to make the desert look good and blend well.

The mountains distribution looks silly too I think?

EDIT: checking out ascanius wonderful work on terrain makes me feel like a 5 years old drawing with Paint.

EDIT 2: Pixie, I think I know what you mean about scale. Working world scale makes the scale of the terrain (mountains and vegetations) too big. The problem is I want both a world map and then regional maps, and I want the terrain of one region to match on the world map, but I wouldn't know how to do that.
    Last edited by groovey; 05-31-2015 at 06:38 AM.