Thread: looking for software to make large multi story building!

Default looking for software to make large multi story building!

im looking for a software to make floor plans, pretty much blue prints! but i need to be able to go into great detail, like built in smoke barriers an fire suppression things that are small like that! if anyone knows where i can get something like that, i appreciate the support! thanks in advance-cone1995

Hey cone.
    It sounds like you would be wanting a CAD program. AutoCAD, ArchiCAD, etc. Even Sketchup would work for that.
    There are a lot of different CAD programs and most cost a pretty good amount.
    Sketchup has a free version [with some limitations] that would probably be your best cost option.

thanks Edward im going to buy the CAD program you mentioned!

No problem.
    If you have questions related to the software, just start a post in the software threads or the How do I threads.
    I and others use SketchUp frequently so I'm sure we can offer some help if you need it.
    Cheers

I use Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 9, a vector drawing application for all my maps, and if you look at any of my maps, you'll see I put in a ton of detail - that most seem to leave out of their maps. Like toilets, areas between walls were ducts and piping are placed, etc. As long as you're detail oriented, and are taking the effort to create the small details, I'd think you can do what you're asking using any graphics software, whether it's CAD as J.Edward suggests, or vector like what I am suggesting, or even using image editors like Photoshop or GIMP - all this software can do that. Its the artist taking the effort to do that that makes that happen, not any specific software.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations