Thread: Creating Sci-Fi Buildings using Campaign Cartographer

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

Default Creating Sci-Fi Buildings using Campaign Cartographer

Newbie here,

I bought Campaign Cartographer 3 recently, and so far I am loving it! It's so easy to get right into map making.

However, the versatility of the program may have been a tad overstated. I downloaded Cosmographer 3 as well, not just for the purpose of making Starships, but also to maybe make some sci-fi buildings as well.

Trouble is, it always seems like such a trick to do so! First off, I can't seem to set up a template meant for a single, dungeon style sci-fi floorplan. There's always some kind of map legend or key permanently affixed to the map itself. Then there's the fact that the program is really lacking in proper sci-fi floor textures. I could get them by using Cosmographer's deckplan options, but again it's a trick. The background will be a field of stars, or the shockingly undetailed overland textures. I would have to find the layer just above that, and draw dirt all over it to hide it. Then I could get to work on my metal building (even though it would still have the legend stating how many decks my "ship" has). I used the method I just described to throw together a small underground bunker once, just for kicks, but I feel like there should be an easier way to do it.

Any hints to get me in the right direction?

Sorry for bumping thism, but I'm also interested!