Thread: Uboria - posting up my first attempt at city mapping! with vectors.

Default Uboria - posting up my first attempt at city mapping! with vectors.

So heres what it looks like so far! let know what you guys think.. advice is always appreciated even if its down right dirty criticism! lol. thanks

rough sketch
    Screen Shot 2015-06-15 at 4.39.28 PM.png

starting to lay out buildings!

Screen Shot 2015-06-15 at 4.31.51 PM.png

close up of buildings:

Screen Shot 2015-06-15 at 4.40.26 PM.png

with some flat color:
    Screen Shot 2015-06-12 at 4.10.32 PM.png

Some of the towers along the wall (specifically on the southern side) look rather big especially compared to the city buildings. Also I assume the blue lines are roads? Because at first I thought "that is a lot of canals" =P
    My new Deviant-thing. I finally caved.

Hey thanks Larb... those blue lines are definitely roads. No canals. Wow, i didnt even realize how big the walls were in comparison, great eye man! Guess i was thinking more about design and trying to make them appear strong? I guess i will try and downsize them at some point. Probably finish the buildings first though. Thanks alot!

Nice layout

I agree, nice layout CloudFang. This is a big and bold first city attempt. I like that.
    I agree with what Larb said. I have done the same thing with a walled city map - walls/towers were much bigger than other buildings.
    It happens. They could maybe be that much bigger if it were more of a militaristic site.
    You're off to a really good start. Not much yet to critique but I'll try to make it back by as you progress.
    Keep it up, it looks like it will be impressive.