Thread: [Award Winner] Make a custom raised-relief globe

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thanks for all the kind words and rep everyone! What a warm welcome this has been. I'm glad I can contibute.

Quote Originally Posted by Azelor View Post
    That's very cool!

Red plants, what kind of plant is it?
    Basically they're alien plants that evolved from animals. You can read all about them on my project site.

Quote Originally Posted by Korash View Post
    LOL

Back in the day when I first joined the Guild, this was one of the things I was trying to figure out. Even looked into buying a large Styrofoam ball to use as a base globe. WAAAY too expensive for the size I wanted...
    Wow, that must have been a huge globe. But with such a large surface, I bet you could fit in some gorgeous detail.

Quote Originally Posted by Malicious-Monkey View Post
    Wow, that must have been a huge globe. But with such a large surface, I bet you could fit in some gorgeous detail.
    Yeah, that was my thinking too. Unfortunately, all I could find easily was an eight inch ball, and I was looking for something like 2 feet. When I asked about larger they said that it would have to be a special order, and the price just ratcheted up like crazy.
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent