Thread: Hello!

Default Hello!

Hey everyone!

I am CullZeroEight, and I'm a gamer (board, electronic, roleplaying....you name it, I play it), a certified map nerd, an amateur Imagineer and writer, and a coffee-roaster by trade.

Though I've always had a love for maps, I am fairly new to making my own. I am pleased to say that I've finally found something that has made me persevere in attempting to learn Photoshop, and that's no mean feat!

My current primary purpose for making maps is ostensibly for RPG play (Pathfinder specifically, which I'm also fairly new to) but I can spend hours creating---and getting lost in---fantasy maps just for the creativity, inspiration, and imagination that it brings.

Very pleased to have found the cartographer's guild. I'm blown away by the creations I've already seen, and excited to use the resources here to, hopefully, get a lot better at making maps!

Cheers!

Ken

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Meshon's Avatar

Welcome to the guild! You know, I find maps and coffee go very well together... I'm hoping you'll post some of your work, go ahead and post things you're working on, whatever level they're at, you'll get great feedback here.

Cheers,
    Meshon

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Banned User

Hello Ken, Welcome to the Guild!

There is a great tutorial in the sticky section of Tutorials, called Quickstart Guide to Fantasy Mapping: http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=4276

From there, go to Hand Drawn Mapping for the Artistically Challenged: http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...ad.php?t=10655

Once you have completed those two tutorials, you'll be well on your way!!

Welcome to the Guild Ken! Hey you are in very good company, you'll find cartography enthusiasts and certified nerds aplenty here. I concur with Chick's suggested links. Feel free to post your creations up in the appropriate sections (completed maps go in the "Finished Map" section, everything else goes in a the forum corresponding to the type of map that it is). Also, feel free to ask for advice, and constructive feedback as this is a good way to pick up tips and tricks.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh