Thread: Mapping an Earthlike planet

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Novice

Quote Originally Posted by Akubra View Post
    Thanks derik999, glad you liked them. Hope your writing and mapmaking are going smoothly!
    Cheers - Akubra
    Thank Akubra, I appreciate it! Figuring out climates during the year is an element that I haven't taken into consideration when drawing the rough outlines of my current map. The more realistic the better. Same goes with topography. It's a fantasy world so of course I can get away with some stuff but when realism can be applied then why not?

Quote Originally Posted by derik999 View Post
    The more realistic the better. Same goes with topography. It's a fantasy world so of course I can get away with some stuff but when realism can be applied then why not?
    Derik, if you want to go the "realistic way" you might be interested to read these threads:

• This is a thread in which Azelor is trying to find "climate rules" on Earth and apply them to a fictional planet.
    • This, this and this are other threads which try to follow plausible rules from tectonics to ocean currents to climate.

Hope you find something to your taste!

Cheers - Akubra
    “I am an agnostic on most matters of faith, but on the subject of maps I have always been a true believer. It is on the map, therefore it is, and I am.”
    ― Tony Horwitz, One for the Road: An Outback Adventure