Thanks all for the comments. I'll address some of them.
Bogie - The lairs are colorful and detailed, so you'll still get some of that once they're posted.
When I was first asked to do this a sample was given that was very subdued and didn't have much color. So I was following that directive.
You know me... I tend to use a lot of color normally. That's why I don't get as many book commissions - don't have enough B&W examples.
Some rooms are likely larger than they should be but yes, I do try to make rooms that are large enough to do something in. A hall closet doesn't provide for much actionable room.

Ilanthar - yeah, a nymph lake and a succubus teacher too. This school has some truly unusual teachers. That made for some unusual lair maps.
I wasn't able to get my hands on the text of the module so I can't speak to how it plays out as an adventure but from the info I had about the teachers it seems like it would be quite a story there. I think it was 14 maps in all... well, some of those maps were multiple floors so actually a few more than 14 I guess.

Abu - yeah, that is a style of walls I had been working to develop. I used to do my dungeon and cave walls differently. But I needed to develop something that would blend with some other styles I did so this one seems like a good fit. The 'pit to the cavern' was a later add in that the client informed me of after I had done the whole map. So it doesn't fit as well as it should have, had I known ahead of time. But I'm glad it still works.

Larb - and also Red Kettle[as he messaged me about this issue as well] - regarding the windows, light, etc. Sometimes you just have to concede things to your client.
I did make some changes here and there but you have to be careful not to **** off your clients. So sometimes you just let things go and do the work as it's given to you.
C'est la vie. From what I am given to understand this academy is HEAVILY magical, so I would imagine that light isn't much of an issue for them.
Most of the adventure in the dungeons and the lairs occurs underground. Many of the teachers living quarters are underground so I figure they're maxing out their magical lighting on a regular basis.
As I told Red K, the map sketches I was given didn't have windows. And that didn't seem to be an issue. But I had to add windows. So I added them where i could.
Oh well, what can you do. Do the work as well as you can, get paid, move on to the next contract.

I'll add this, the old world was a much darker place. Windows were not as common. Arrow slits don't provide much light.. and are probably drafty and cold in the winter.
Glass wasn't around for a long time. There were often many dark windowless rooms in large buildings. That's why magic was invented, of course.

Thanks again everyone.