Thread: There and Back Again - Please, share your opinion.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected joaodafi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie View Post
    But, one thing led to another and I ended up doing more about your stuff than I antecipates (and possily more than you want to). Still, let me show you..
    more than I want ? No, more information and criticism, better the map will be.

I took your original map and superimposed on it your notes on tectonics. From there, I scribbled some notes about what could fit and what wouldn't. It was only later that I realised you were going to redraw the coastline, which means that my notes and suggestions are for the one you did before.
    Thank you very much, your opinion is very important to me, because -> This Map <- is my main inspiration, for this part of the process, your notes will be of great value. Honestly, I have to study more about it.

One thing that is very important to do, if you want to have a go at it with more detail, is to decide on the scale of the continent. I considered this bit of land to be more or less the size of Australia/S.America... This matters because the bigger it is the more you have to take into consideration that the movement is on a spherical surface, on the other hand, on smaller maps, plates are few and "large" (relatively) and their movement is nearly/mostly linear.
    Either way, I think this what you should do first - decide where on to place your continent on the planet's globe. This will also (obviously!!) influence the climate in a great deal.
    Since you brought it up, the size of the continent is roughly the territory of the image below. But the planet's size is about two and a half times the size of Earth, with an inclined axis in eleven degrees. And the continent is in the Northern Hemisphere, and the equator not appear on the map because it is far to the south, (or the continent is far to the north, if you prefer that).
    Tamanho Aprocimado de Troa.png

(Na próxima vez que eu for a lisboa, te pagarei uma cerveja, por essa ajuda)
    Last edited by joaodafi; 09-19-2015 at 09:59 PM.
    Sorry any grammatical error, I'm better with Portuguese than English.