Thread: December 2015 Annual Challenge: Infis

Default December 2015 Annual Challenge: Infis

*goosebumps*

I was wondering If I could give this a try or not with such talented and awesome titans competing for this one, but the idea was so amazing and I've been "dating" the challenge for quite some time, polishing my skills all year long.

Decision made, I went with the choice of a rather big (33x24in, because the laptop I have to work with currently couldn't handle the 47x33in I initially decided to use >.> ) map of my personal RPG setting main plane, Infis.

The world is an epic high fantasy setting, prickled with some dark and low fantasy aspects depending on place, race or cities involved. All elements are primarily similar to our own world behavior but there're some clear fantastic places and effects in the world, whenever those come up I'll point it out.

I believe I'm not yet at the level to try a fancy sophisticated style of map drawing and coloring, so my objective for this is to put forth a solid style with all elements hand-drawn to increase detail levels and consistency, most probably in black&white.

The challenges so far is the scope of the map requiring godzilla amount of work to cover all drawn details and elements and the time left for the challenge end.

But...enough blabbering! Here's my (rather lossy, compressed, 30% size reduced) kickstart!

### Latest WIP ###
    Infis rivers-15000.jpg
    Drawing skills? What drawing skills?!

My Deviantart

Welcome to the challenge! Nice start. I like how you've done your rivers.

Looking forward to seeing what comes next. Can't beat a nice hand-drawn map.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

This round I tried to get more interesting coastlines...this took waaaay longer than I expected so I for now only Gadash has the new coast (the lower continent) and I'll have to rush Cootamundra (the upper, savage, continent) and the Frigid Wastes (the left one).

Also, copying Jezelf style from his awesome Tut, rivers received some love!

Resized to 45%ish

Infis 3_0-15000.jpg
    Drawing skills? What drawing skills?!

My Deviantart