Thread: City of Azena, Capital of Al Senia

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

How would you do the water on the right? I think maybe the water should be below the cliff and landmass, looks like its a cloud over the land on the lower right. and might make the cliffs stand out more, then maybe add a layer over the cliff and just do a few crashing waves over the cliff, less than now.

Default Question about a couple details

I just found this map and I really like it. For one, it's style gives an impression of a very clean, safe, orderly city as compared to maps with a more "gritty" style, which is a nice change of pace from most maps I've found.

I have one question, not a criticism, but... why are there no churches, temples or other religious buildings in this city? Do the people who live here not have any religions, or just none that would include buildings? I'm also curious why there don't seem to be any statues or monuments, of like important historical figures or whatnot. If these things are just an oversight then please forgive me, I mean no criticism, your art is pretty fantastic as it is. I'm just curious about the world you're developing and how the capitol city of these people is affected by their culture. I think monuments and statues are easy to overlook in fantasy maps even though they exist in nearly every city on earth. People are proud of their achievements and their history, and they seek to commemorate great, influential people and events. But maybe in your world, for the people living in Azena, things are different for whatever reason. I'm just curious.