Thread: The Köppen–Geiger climate classification made simpler (I hope so)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

With the currents I meant... well I'll be damned, I can't find the exact text that made me ask that question.

I would swear I read somewhere in one of your latest posts how the currents we got with the currents step weren't always the right color/general temperature, because other factors influenced them. But I can't find it so never mind.

And by the way, the climate in A Song Of Ice and Fire makes no sense at all indeed, "it's magic". I was a bit dissapointed when I researched that and found out.

EDIT: a-ha! Found it.

"Colors of the currents appear to be a poor indicator to determine the impact on temperature.

Polar currents are cold (including everything between the poles and 66°) , including currents flowing toward the equator if they have been mixed with polar waters.
    Equatorial currents are hot, including those flowing toward the poles from the equator.
    Mid latitudes currents are mild, including those flowing toward the poles and the equator. The Gulf stream is an exception : it hasn't cooled enough to be considered hot"
    Last edited by groovey; 11-05-2015 at 04:55 AM.