Thread: Britannia [commission]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
    I thought about you when I was working on this - thinking 'ChickPea is going to have issues with Scotland.' I was working within a preset outline of the land masses.
    I would have redrawn them accurately had it been an option, but it wasn't. What can you do. Thanks ChickPea.
    Hehe, I was pretty certain it wouldn't have been you who came up with that land mass. I knew you wouldn't be that sloppy. Don't entirely understand why game makers can't go for a broadly accurate depiction of a country, but what can you do?

On the labelling, yes, I can see how the yellow tone is more appropriate, even though I probably like the subtler tone better. I forgot to mention before, but I also like how you've done the sea with the bright coastal areas, and the deeper tones further away from land. It's quite striking and a great contrast to the land.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    Hehe, I was pretty certain it wouldn't have been you who came up with that land mass. I knew you wouldn't be that sloppy. Don't entirely understand why game makers can't go for a broadly accurate depiction of a country, but what can you do?

On the labelling, yes, I can see how the yellow tone is more appropriate, even though I probably like the subtler tone better. I forgot to mention before, but I also like how you've done the sea with the bright coastal areas, and the deeper tones further away from land. It's quite striking and a great contrast to the land.
    Yeah, I'm not sure why someone would do that either. I get that they might not want to have a super detailed outline... but I would still think you'd want it to be accurate.
    Yep, what can you do. Thanks ChickPea.