Thread: Hi people!

Guild Applicant

Default Hi people!

Hi! I'm DimaStorm from Finland.

I'm an amateur writer and an artist, self learned at that and an interior textile artisan (weaving and upholstery, to name a few) by education.

Started dabbling with map making when I began working my first fantasy novel back in 2004 and have been trying to get better ever since. My "software" is simply pen, paper and scanner, I'm still in the early stages of learning how to use GIMP (and have taken several steps backwards since school), so I could call myself a traditional artist.

My biggest writing idol is JRR Tolkien and art wise, my favorite and idol is Leonardo da Vinci.

Feel free to ask if you have questions.

Hey Dima, welcome to the Guild.
    Tolkien and Da Vinci are both good choices.
    Do you post any of your textile work online anywhere?
    I do a lot of different craft stuff and would be interested to see your work.
    Enjoy the site and hope to see some maps.
    Cheers,
    J.

Banned User

Hello DimaStorm, Welcome to the Guild!

To get you started, there is a great tutorial in the sticky section of Tutorials, called
    Quickstart Guide to Fantasy Mapping: http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=4276

From there, go to
    Hand Drawn Mapping for the Artistically Challenged: http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...ad.php?t=10655

Once you have completed those two tutorials, you'll be well on your way!!

Guild Applicant

Thank you ^^

I do post most of my works online, I post 70% of the stuff to DeviantArt and to my FB page I post most of them, while my blogspot is once again under serious renovation. Haven't been posting that much online recently, been busy with life.