Thread: August Entry: the Under Halls

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip Next five...

NK, I used a grid to create these tiles. In some cases, I offer very narrow passages only as wide as a doorway. If a PC can fit through a door, then can fit down a passage that is less than 5 feet wide (approx. 3 feet), though I try to mimize use of such narrow passages. Most all other passages were created using 1 inch grid on an 8 x 10 layout.

"Narrow" meaning you can fit through, but you can't fight in melee combat.

In some cases, where the outer wall is less than 5 feet wide, most of the inner halls are 5 feet wide but may not be centered with the grid. Is this really a problem?

After I post these and the last three, probably later tonight, I will begin gridding these tiles and try to post as many as possible tomorrow.

If I have to tweak, where I got it wrong, well, then I'll do just that. But as far as I can tell, it should work.

NEXT FIVE TILES
    4 Waterworks Tiles (sounds better than drainage tiles)
    1st of the Cavern Tiles.

Almost finished with the design part...

EDIT: in retrospect, I think I'm going to create a 9" x 11" grid, centered over the 8x10 tile, dropped under the walls, removed over non-traversable areas, then the outer half inch all around the cut away to the tile borders - it will still be an 8 x 10 grid, just with half a grid under the outer walls. I'm not sure how this would be handled in a VT app, but that's how I plan to do the printed grid dungeon tiles.

GP
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 08-06-2008 at 12:21 AM. Reason: plan for gridding
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Wip Still short one!

OK, I didn't finish all the maps like I promised - got one left to create. However, here are two more cavern tiles, plus the same tiles gridded. And to prove to NK, that my grid plan worked, I uploaded one of my Rampart tiles with a grid on it!

I've already gridded all the maps so far, I'll upload them tomorrow.

1 cavern tile to create and upload!

GP
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

NymTevlyn

When you're done, can you bundle these into one package? One without grids and another with grids please?