Thread: Howdy from Texas

Guild Novice

Default Howdy from Texas

Hello all, I stumbled across your fine forum a few weeks ago while searching for map generators and have been lurking ever since. I've always loved maps and designing worlds. I dove into a few tutorials, including Ascension's excellent antique tutorial, and figured it was high time to join the guild.

I reside in Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas, and I'm a graphic designer by trade, mostly web and print advertisement for partner support for a local non-profit, along with some occasional freelance print work. Since becoming a team manager I've done less actual design work and thus have been looking for new creative outlets.

The work I've seen housed here is beyond incredible and I hope to glean and learn from all of your talent.

- Jacob

(Here's my WIP from Ascension's antique tutorial)

ZetaMap2.png

Welcome to the Guild Iron Jaw! Nice first map, especially good job with the coastline.

Banned User

Hello Jacob, Welcome to the Guild!

Very nice map for a first map post! My only critique would be that the caterpillar mountain lines are askew in a few places. Your colors are nice, the rivers run correctly, and the land masses and coasts have a natural look.

I hope we'll see many more maps from you

Welcome to the Guild Jacob! A fine job on your first map.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh