Thread: Long time lurker, figured I'd finally make an account Hi guys!

Post Long time lurker, figured I'd finally make an account Hi guys!

Hi guys, I've been making maps for both personal and commercial use for several years now, and figured it was finally time to get on the cartographers guild to hopefully learn a thing or two.

I'm very much a traditionalist in the map making sense, all of my maps are either hand drawn traditionally or digitally without the use of special brushes/stamps (not that there is anything wrong with that, I just find a lot of joy in drawing tiny trees). I also am currently trying to branch out into more modern and sci fi map making.

Some recent maps I'm particuarly fond of

5TO9JjQ.jpg

ZT2jtdp.jpg

MmFZ7VY.jpg

Glad to be here!

I'm stunned ... and glad to welcome you here at the Cartographers` Guild, "the mappiest place on the web" Not i sure whether i am the one who can teach you a thing or two, but i'm really looking forward to see more of your awesome work!
    Map is not territory...
    Current work in progress:Korobrom | My finished maps
    My DeviantArt site and Twitter

Welcome to the Guild Beals! Those are lovely. I particularly like the map of Northern Kthonar. Nice hatch-work on the mountains. Also, using different line widths helps make them pop. Look forward to seeing more of your work.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Totally agree with arsheesh, love the hatch work, all of these are awesome welcome and look forward to seeing more of your maps, very good,

Your maps are really nice! I love Northern Kthonar especially! Really looking forward to seeing what you have in store for the future!

Hey Beals, welcome to the Guild.
    All three maps are quite nice. Really like the color scheme of the second map.
    And of course, like everyone else, the Kthonar map is well done. I like the shading you used for the mountains.
    Cheers, J.

Yup, gotta agree with what was said above. Great work and thanks for posting some maps along with the intro. Have some rep for it too.

Your name seems to be familiar...I Wonder if I have seen it somewhere before...

And it looks like Abu stole my line (grrr)
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent