View Poll Results: Would you like to see this suggestion as a challenge?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I do!

4 80.00%
  • Yes, but I have some suggestions (please reply).

1 20.00%
  • Nay, go away!

0 0%

Thread: Map a Railway

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

This would be interesting, a railroad map for a region or even a continent. This would be really fun, but the thing for me is that it would have to be a corporate map. As far as I am aware, railroads are divided by corporations and would not show the full rail line unless owned by them. But I could be wrong though.

Great idea though!

Quote Originally Posted by Nori View Post
    This would be interesting, a railroad map for a region or even a continent. This would be really fun, but the thing for me is that it would have to be a corporate map. As far as I am aware, railroads are divided by corporations and would not show the full rail line unless owned by them. But I could be wrong though.
    I'm sure that with we could make maps that are impartial and cover all railways if we so wished (you could avoid this by doing a single line); this challenge suggestion is open to interpretation as long as the railway system is central to the theme.

Quote Originally Posted by Azelor View Post
    I like the idea if it can be expanded to mapping the transport system (any part of it) and not just the railway.
    I feel that if we were to do that, it'd look like any standard atlas; the aim of this challenge would be to make it more difficult and focus it on a specific type of transport system, like how the river challenge was to focus on a land feature. Otherwise, it's not unique.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Corilliant View Post
    I feel that if we were to do that, it'd look like any standard atlas; the aim of this challenge would be to make it more difficult and focus it on a specific type of transport system, like how the river challenge was to focus on a land feature. Otherwise, it's not unique.
    If we were to do this challenge, I'd agree with you. The whole point of a challenge is to make it challenging.