Thread: August Entry: Multiple textured paths

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Oh! Definitely do a transition tile! That would be awesome. I would imagine a cave entrance but also a "hole in a clearing" type entrance as well.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Hey Redrobes, your works looking great, as usual, and will come in handy with the FHCO's, Lemur already has plans to use them, but as play tiles for her dinosaurs and model animals to roam about on,,,,,
    If you had some me-dem themed tiles I would suggest contacting Monks and see if me-dem could host them, I don't know what we have for space but I know I have gigs of map tiles for InsCarto there and oodles being served,,,,just what would an me-dem theme tile look like,, dark jagged rock and twisting paths for mordor, small streams and thick trees for Bombadil's haunts,,,of course then you you have to figure out how to do Gondor tiles, and your head would implode
    SeerBlue
    SeerBlue is me, but more importantly the Four Happy Carpet Orcs +2 (FHCO +2) are Lizzy (BumbleMouse, 16), Race (Raith Eliathy, 11), Roy (Ol' Horsehair, 9), and Lena Marie (Lemur, 6) Kimi (Whurm,2), and Sachiko (MoMo,1)
    All creative inspiration is theirs, from characters to maps to tells, I only fill in the details.

Blog Entries

Oh theres enough head exploding in me-dem without any more incentive to put the ole noggin in a vice and start turning the screw. I just don't know how were gonna deal with that beast.

Part of the idea of doing these tiles is basically to have some pre done texture scripts ready for more use. The stone in the dungeon set was lifted from that Krenshar challenge which was done in the same way. Using custom maps I can whoop up textured versions in seconds now. So theres scope to use it on me-dem or adapt a close one to fit. Could do a brilliant lava one for mount doom... mmmm chewy !

I was playing with the tiles now. Got the script to make VMI's and icons out of them automatically so I can just load em up once its finished.

I think ill make that hole in the ground for getting from one set to another. You can always blend them in a paint package too. Two texture tiles plus a heavy blurred mask and that should do it. Or two layers and use the eraser tool.

Although this pic looks rubbish up close compared to the original set it gives the idea of the linking.

For this challenge ill do a tree, bush and hole in the ground or whatever and call it a day. Theres millions of tokens to grab to flush them out more as required. The sum of the tiles in JPG format is 130Mb so ill be ok hosting them for a while.
    Attached Images Attached Images