Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: January 2016 challenge : Lemuria

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Not very sold on the font choice here, maybe a bit too "naive" but that might be personal taste.

Quote Originally Posted by - Max - View Post
    Not very sold on the font choice here, maybe a bit too "naive" but that might be personal taste.
    Yes, It' s not a good choice. It was the only font that tends to adopt my vision of this map. But for the next update, i'll try another font less "naïve" . I have a lot of thing to learn to master all the aspect of a map making .

What about the font "Adventure". I don't know if it could be really used for small labels, but it's very "pulp".
    Adventure.png

Thanks Ilanthar for the suggestion, but I had already started the changes. I am aware that my map has not necessarily the Pulp form of those of other chalengeurs, but I wanted it to support the convoluted and incredible Thongor's adventures.
    I hope you enjoy my latest version.
    ### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Warlin; 01-29-2016 at 04:03 PM.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Nice the dark outer glow isn't probably the best choice with dark text color. Did you test a light color for the outer glow?

Certainly, I am not gifted with the labels... I put two days to understand how to project a glow from a dark text to make it more readable... thank you Max.
    ### Latest WIP ###

It's looking great, Warlin
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Great work Warlin. I especially like the mountains, however, all the elements of the map are great. The main thing that could use some work are the coastlines. For my taste they are slightly to "soft", in comparison to the very refined mountains and forests

Cheers,
    Tainotim

The labels are better now (and good font btw ), but I would work a little more your smaller ones. A reinforced halo perhaps or a lower opacity zone behind some of the labels (like over the line behind "Dragon Kings" for example).
    Great job otherwise!

Thanks ChickPea.
    Quote Originally Posted by tainotim View Post
    Great work Warlin. I especially like the mountains, however, all the elements of the map are great. The main thing that could use some work are the coastlines. For my taste they are slightly to "soft", in comparison to the very refined mountains and forests

Cheers,
    Tainotim
    Thanks for the kind words and the advice. One hour to fix it, and it's better like this in the next update.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    The labels are better now (and good font btw ), but I would work a little more your smaller ones. A reinforced halo perhaps or a lower opacity zone behind some of the labels (like over the line behind "Dragon Kings" for example).
    Great job otherwise!
    I try to replace the text in an uniform background, and try to adjust the opacity. Not sure to have succeed in this.

### Latest WIP ###
    Last edited by Warlin; 01-31-2016 at 12:35 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123