Thread: Ship Deck Plans as Stock Art for Publishers

Default Ship Deck Plans as Stock Art for Publishers

I'm working with Louis Porter Jr of LPJ Designs, a creator of third party content for Pathfinder, in creating stock ship deck plans as a product intended for publishers of the many games utilizing ships of sail. Though there are many stock art products for game publishers, most are for cover designs and interior art as in character/monster illustrations and fantasy graphics. There currently aren't any stock art as maps - our project will be the first of its kind. I'm working on a frigate deck plan for the first product in the line.

Each product will include all decks of a given ship, and will come available in standard dress (typical furnishings of such a ship), and 3 variations depending on the type of ship. For example for the frigate deck plans I'm creating as the first product, as a ship of the line, will come in typical naval ship setup, with a royal flag ship version with more luxury items aboard, one with poop deck removed and guns added for a lighter, more heavily armed pirate version of the frigate, and a battle damaged one with broken masts, cannon ball holes, and a leaking cargo hold. Price is tentatively $29.97 - explained as one design free with 3 more designs at $9.99 each.

These ships will be designed in my photo-realistic style.

Here's the logo I designed for the product line.

GP

stock_armada_logo.png
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

After some critiques on an Art & Design board, I decided to make some changes to the logo... is this any better?

GP

stock_armada_logo_01.png
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

I think that is definitely better.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Next version - I thought the oval had unnecessarily too much white space. So here's the next version.

stock-armada-logo-02.png
    DrivethruRPG store

The thought is now, not just ship's of sail, but airships, starship decks, Spelljammer ships - I could see doing a paddleboat, a tramp steamer, a WW2 U-boat, a luxury liner, even a yacht for other game settings.
    DrivethruRPG store

Looks like my recently created Steam Punk Starship Deck Plan will be the first deck plan release for Stock Armada, which will also be provided as a GM accessory sold under a different product line at a lower price point. Of course the GM accessory version is not available for use as an asset for publication, as the Stock Armada versions will be.
    DrivethruRPG store

Congrats, that's good news.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Good luck GP! Sounds like a major undertaking that will keep you very busy.