Thread: 12 Kings of Sharakhai - fantasy commission

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

I'm reading this book right now, and was very frustrated that it doesn't have any maps! I'm guessing these are for the trade paperback or sequel hardovers?

In any case - awesome as usual, Max. I LOVE the idea of using rhumb lines in the desert; it makes total sense, since it IS a sand sea... I'm gonna have to steal that idea.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

thank you all you guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    I'm reading this book right now, and was very frustrated that it doesn't have any maps! I'm guessing these are for the trade paperback or sequel hardovers?

In any case - awesome as usual, Max. I LOVE the idea of using rhumb lines in the desert; it makes total sense, since it IS a sand sea... I'm gonna have to steal that idea.
    Yes, I guess so.

About the rhumb lines, we had a discussion with Bradley to use them. It makes sense since because in Brad's story, ships sail the desert. These ships they have these skis made of “skimwood” that allow them to sail over the desert easily and we ended up by thinking that it would be interesting to have some rhum lines on the map.