Thread: Vintyri installation quick clarification, please...

Question Vintyri installation quick clarification, please...

This question is especially for Mark Oliver, or for anyone that has the Vintyri Collection and cc3+.

I just recently downloaded the Vintyri Collection, including the installation instructions. I'm trying to install the collection into my cc3+ program, and I need just a quick clarification, because I may have done something wrong, and I need to make sure before I go any farther and really mess things up.

I downloaded the zip files, found where my program was(default place- program data), accessed the file( took me a few days to find it...gotta love Windows , then moved the zip files to the cc3+ folder. I did this so that when I extracted them, they would go straight to the place they were supposed to.

I extracted the first file: vcc_cc3plus, and I noticed something. It created it's own folder in cc3+. It's not mentioned in the manual that this would happen. Normally I would assume this is what's supposed.to happen, but with computers...and most specifically Windows 8, I never assume anything. So please, can I get a clarification? Is the vcc_cc3plus file supposed to create it's own folder? Or did I screw something up?

Quote Originally Posted by ladiestorm View Post
    This question is especially for Mark Oliver, or for anyone that has the Vintyri Collection and cc3+.

I just recently downloaded the Vintyri Collection, including the installation instructions. I'm trying to install the collection into my cc3+ program, and I need just a quick clarification, because I may have done something wrong, and I need to make sure before I go any farther and really mess things up.

I downloaded the zip files, found where my program was(default place- program data), accessed the file( took me a few days to find it...gotta love Windows , then moved the zip files to the cc3+ folder. I did this so that when I extracted them, they would go straight to the place they were supposed to.

I extracted the first file: vcc_cc3plus, and I noticed something. It created it's own folder in cc3+. It's not mentioned in the manual that this would happen. Normally I would assume this is what's supposed.to happen, but with computers...and most specifically Windows 8, I never assume anything. So please, can I get a clarification? Is the vcc_cc3plus file supposed to create it's own folder? Or did I screw something up?
    This query also was posted on the ProFantasy forums, and I already have posted a full answer there. The quick answer to the main question is that the Vintyri ZIP files contain their own folders. When the ZIPs are unzipped according to the instructions beginning on Page 15 of the Vintyri Installation Guide, the Vintyri folders will be added to the right locations in the CC3 and/or CC3+ folder hierarchies.
    Mark Oliva
    The Vintyri (TM) Project

Sorry Mark, I actually posted this question here, first. Posting at the other site was an after thought.

Of course, I ended up starting a second thread over there because somehow I screwed up the installation. I followed your guide, but my install didn't do what it should, probably because when it comes to computers, I can't seem to follow the most simple instructions. I have no clue why. But my installation gave me blank buttons in cc3+, and the dreaded red x's.

If you respond, please don't feel you have to respond to both posts. I will be checking both posts for a response, then will reply to whichever post has the response...so just ignore the other one.

And I apologize for being so irritating. Please believe it's not intentional.

Quote Originally Posted by ladiestorm View Post
    And I apologize for being so irritating. Please believe it's not intentional.
    I already answered what I could on the ProFantasy site.

However, neither you nor other guild members ever should apologize for seeking help. That's one of the reasons the guild exists. It's hardly irritating when one - in this case the guild - is given a chance to fulfill its own purposes.

Happy Easter.
    Mark Oliva
    The Vintyri (TM) Project