Thread: hello from newbie

Default hello from newbie

Hi all,

Totally new to this and nervous about it! Interested in maps, trying my hand at an overland map for a fantasy setting. Trying to learn enough or find a reference map to have a hilly area, grassland/farmland/plains/pine woods, a lower area nearby that was once a riverbed, and then more flatting stuff nearby on the other side of the "riverbed"...and not at all sure what to look at or how! But maybe I'll learn.

Thanks!

Welcome! I recommend diving head first into the how-to section. Post your first work in progress and those butterflies will flutter away in no time. You'll get tons of constructive criticism, experience and laughs here and it's all focused on making us the best cartographers we can be. Have fun and welcome aboard
    Cartography is fun.

Welcome, welcome! Looking forward to seeing your mapping attempts.

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hi and welcome to the guild - we have lots of great tutorials here and don't be afraid to post your map as you go along so we can help you improve
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise