Thread: A nice surprise

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Welcome to the Guild Roger. That's some impressive work. I can certainly see how these maps could required 9 months to complete. The level of detail is admirable. Thanks for sharing. I look forward to seeing more of your work in the future.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Hi arsheesh and thank you. The Amsterdam and Gibraltar maps actually took four and a half months each to complete, nine months in total - however I was relieved to finish each one. It seems that I'm swamped on here by digital wizardry, your own work included. This is something I won't be attempting any time soon although digital colouring of scanned hand-drawn work is something I want to look into.

Beautiful work Roger, love the water colour work, would be interesting to see it done digitally as comparison, welcome to the guild.

Thanks snodsy, digital is the next thing on my list although without recourse to cost-effective scanning and a decent tablet, that won't be happening just yet. I'm locked in to the old school of illustration but who knows, this site may inspire me to change.