Thread: WIP - Historical Map of Glenndom Continent - The Wallungian Empire 9th Century

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

So the last days and hours I tried to create a hatching pattern for the borderlands of the Wallungian Empire. It was in fact quite of a work and I tooked some dozen of trials, beeing not to lucky with the solution. If anybody knows a good tutorial for that, please let me know

To the map:

continent guild 9north.jpg

Those new hatched regions are borderlands at the edge of the empire, beeing occupied or leaded by wallungian forces but not yet an inherent part of the empire.

In the north, we have the Doron borderland, populated by aegerian people in its west and by danskar people in its eastern part. This very special region was always fought by Aegeria and Danskar, with changing borders but after the wallungi-aegerian invasion this region changed into a borderland with its own administration and the crown-count, who is under the authority of the wallungian crown.

In the west, we have the Cornegann borderland, which is a larger corridor, once invaded and occupied by the wallungian crown. Its aim is to protect the actual empire against the keldon tribes of Aremorica, who are not well organized but who are in fact quite interested to live in their freedom not under the rule of one king or leader. They are known of beeing quite aggressive by protecting their clans and little clan-kingdoms and so the wallungian crown decided to protect their kingdom by this borderland.
    Last edited by randigpanzrall; 05-10-2016 at 06:15 PM.